Monday, October 25, 2010

2.5 Months

I'm getting really close to celebrating my 3 month anniversary!

A lot has changed for me in the past month. My new bite is coming along swimmingly. I've been wearing my bands for around 15-18 hours per day, sometimes even more. I was prescribed four the first orthodontic appointment, but I went back last week and was reduced to two. My orthodontist says that I can be out of braces by February/March, so I'm really excited.

I've still got some swelling, and my smile is still a bit crooked. I read somewhere that it's due to the swelling, and that it should straighten itself as the swelling goes down, but I can't help but be a bit worried. What if I have a crooked smile forever???

The swelling is reducing V-E-R-Y slowly, and it's so tedious waiting for my chipmunk cheeks to go away. I think that there's still some swelling on my chin, too. I hate that the most right now. But my "true" face is coming out slowly. I wish my nose returned back to normal. I hate how it seems to be stretched out on my face.

I got my hair done a few weeks ago. I think that definitely helped with making my face look less swollen. The poofiness of my new curls distract from the poofiness of my face.

3 comments:

  1. AHH I envy your ability to eat salad!! But I absolutely understand the frustration of seeing half your meal all over your braces. It's a total mess to clean up.

    And chewing on my bottom lip is seriously frustrating. It's a fortunate thing (for now) that my lower lip is still completely numb. If I could feel the biting of my lower lip, I'd be cussing up a storm every time.

    You look great! Though I never thought you looked ridiculously swollen even in the very beginning stages of post-op. How's the swelling when you look at your side profile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how often you read this, but I am finding that maybe korea would be a great option for me to have my surgery as my insurance wont cover anything and I can't afford it in the US. Do you have any suggestions as to what surgeon to go to? please email me at justme.jean@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete