Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 23


I began sleeping vertically last night, officially. I discovered that I was getting chest pains in the middle of the night from sleeping upright. I usually wake up in the morning with some swelling, but it tends to subside throughout the day.

The acne is getting better, but it’s still there, which is frustrating. Now I’m using an exfoliator every few days to get the dead skin off my face. I’m using the Clinique 7-Day Scrub, but the St. Ives version works very well, too.

There’s not that much change from yesterday, which makes me think that the healing is starting to taper off. I still have numbness on half my lip (the left half), my chin, and under my chin. I also have absolutely no feeling on my upper palate. When I brush it, I have no idea what I’m doing. I wonder when I’ll get feeling back there again, if ever.

I’m trying to keep up with my stretching exercises, so I can hopefully get my bite splint removed for my next doctor’s appointment, which is in a week today. I can see progress when I move my lower jaw out, but I can’t see anything happening when I move it from side to side though I feel it in my mouth. I can now stick two fingers (without elastics or with one elastic) when I open wide. It’s a little tight, but I think it’ll be perfect space tomorrow. Maybe I’ll take a photo of me opening my mouth instead of the crazy mugshots. Fifi sent me an email asking if I could smile yet. Not sure I can without looking/feeling like the Joker, but I suppose I should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment