Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 35


Today is the 5 week mark! 10 more days until my splint is no more, and only 3 more weeks until my 2 month anniversary. My life is all about numbers these days.

I’ve been eating pasta lately. Long noodles are easier as you can just cut them up and swallow them whole, but I’ve been attempting to chew more lately so I’ve been eating macaroni type noodles. Chewing is still a bit tiring after a while, and halfway into the meal, I start just swallowing. I’m still having issues with the food reaching my throat without having my tongue guide it there. I think it’ll be easier once the splint is out. 

I’m also trying to get my stamina back up to where it used to be pre-op. I get tired really easily, which is frustrating because there are so many things I want to do. It’s difficult because I can get my energy levels up without eating and since eating is a chore I tend not to eat as much. Catch 22.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the strangest thing that we forget how to do the SIMPLEST tasks? I tried using a straw yesterday because I was so fed up with malfunctioning syringes, but I completely forgot how to maneuver it! And today I tried drinking from a cup, which also took awhile. Talk about a humbling experience.

    Happy 5 weeks to you!

    ReplyDelete