Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 27


The twice a day cucumber facials are miracle workers! How did I live without them? I’m definitely going to continue this after this all ends. 

The meals I’m eating are beginning to get really repetitive, and I cannot WAIT to get this splint out. I’ve already started a list of all the foods I’m going to devour as soon as I can. The only trouble is that I have no idea where I can get a decent enchilada in Seoul. I’m actually willing to perform Fear Factor dares for one. Other items on the list include: pho, pad thai, burger and with crispy fries, Indian food (preferably a buffet style), and a Subway sandwich (suddenly remembered Mitch Hedberg joke about Subway & made me want one). 

I spent all day yesterday thinking about where I’m going to treat myself for a “real” vacation. I was originally planning on vegging out in front of a beach in Thailand, but ultimately my city girl and unagi-loving self won. To celebrate the 3 month post-op anniversary, I’m going to treat myself to a weekend trip to TOKYO, the city filled with delights that are izakayas, saunas, and Comme des Garcons. Can’t wait to shove fried things on sticks in my mouth and wash it all down with the homeless man’s beer, Asahi Super Dry, while layered in polka dot prints from Rei Kawakubo’s mind.
In the meantime, I’ll be traveling to England via “Little Bee” by Chris Cleave and later to Persia with Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment