Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 1

After a horrifying night in ICU, I was moved to the regular rooms in the hospital. I had to share a room with three other girls. One was a full day of recovery ahead of me. The other two were girls from my ICU. The girl with the duck pillow, I think, had her face bones shaved to have a more slimmer looking face. The girl with the Hello Kitty everything had the same type of underbite as me. At some point during the recovery, her younger brother came to visit her and she would throw ice packs at him when he did or said something she didn't like. This made me want to laugh but the stitches and the swelling made it too painful.

Hello Kitty girl snored like my dad - she could move walls. I swear to God at some point I saw her bed shake from her snores. If you have the opportunity, take the single room. I signed up for it too late, and got stuck with no sleep for the first few days post-op. Though I don't know if the single helps that much as the discomfort is really unbearable the first few days. Sleep seems to elude all post-ops.

That night, I ran a low grade fever, and had to get pumped with various meds. I felt like crap, and every time a nurse asked me how I was doing, I wanted to punch her in the face. Except I felt too weak to bring up my arm.

This was also the first day with my bite splint.

No comments:

Post a Comment