Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 5

Didn’t sleep at all last night. Went to the hospital at 7:30am to have my rubber bands replaced. Spent a large chunk of my day passed out, spitting up phlegm, or attempting to eat. I’m so hungry, but I’m scared to eat because of the phlegm. Aunt and uncle came by today, and aunt told me that I still have some of the anesthesia in my system, which is why I’m still coughing up the phlegm.

Morale is higher today as some of the swelling has noticeably been reduced, but I still have a long way to go. I can feel tingles in my bottom lip, which make me hopeful in having feeling return to them in a few days. I can’t decide if I want to make my cheeks slimmer or get feeling back in my lips first. I’m really hoping that the worst is behind me, but after reading some of the other jaw surgery accounts, you’re not really out of the woods until you hit around Day 10. I keep trying to remind myself that it’s one day at a time, and not to rush my thoughts. For someone with my temperament, this is proving difficult.

Also, I’m slightly concerned that I’m going to start having ear pain, as I can feel a slight pressure in my left ear. Worrisome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment