Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 15

I can’t believe it’s been 15 days since my surgery. Then again, I can. The swelling seems to have gotten to a standstill. I haven’t seen any significant change. But I did a cucumber facial tonight, and it feels like it helped with the swelling. I feel less pressure on my right cheek. I wake up in the mornings to realize that I’m sleeping on either my left or right cheek, which is what is contributing to the swelling. I’m finding it difficult to get all my daily calories. Food has no taste, and I am losing the desire to eat.

I can’t wait to get the stitches removed on Friday. They’re starting to dig into my braces and causing sporadic bouts of pain every now and then. I still have a small sliver of hope that my bite splint will be removed, but I know better than to hold my breath. The 1 month mark can’t get here any faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment