Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 4

First full day at home, if you can call it that. Couldn’t sleep last night, so I spent a lot of today sleeping. I also spend a better part of today spitting up the phlegm that’s congealed in my throat. It’s not attractive, and I’m scared that I’m going to bust open my stitches. I don’t think I could mentally handle a complication right now. 

Morale is higher today than yesterday, partly because I’ve discovered an online forum as well as dozens of other blogs that chronicle their own journeys with jaw surgery. The splint (wafer, mouth guard) moved twice today, freaking me out. Going to the hospital again tomorrow to see why it keeps moving. A part of me is hoping that they’ll take out the wafer and just leave the bands. Not getting my hopes up that much, though, by reading the experiences of others. Feeling a bit more optimistic as I think my swelling has gone down some today after my 3 hour afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment