Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 9

Slept fitfully for the first time last night since the surgery began. The swollen throat is now nonexistent, and I have a lot of feeling in my left cheek now. The feeling intensified during the day, and now I only have numbness in my chin. The cheeks are still swollen, though. I have lost one of my multiple chins. Now I am only double chinned. Hurrah.

Can open mouth a bit wider now, so I’ve been trying to consume more calories. Still difficult to get it up there, though. I’m constantly hungry now. I dream about fried chicken and think about foods from my childhood, like Kenny Rogers Chicken. What happened to that? Tacos are also very pervasive in my thoughts.

Read over the paper from the hospital only to realize that I won’t be able to eat meat until I’ve hit the 3 month mark. I nearly had a heart attack. Also, I most likely won’t be getting my splint removed tomorrow. That’ll be for the next visit, as they count days from the day you’re discharged from the hospital, NOT from surgery date. Things are so ass backwards in this country, and I really want to go home now. I think about my queen sized Temperpudic mattress a lot, especially at night. Oh, America, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment