Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 10

Went to the doctor today. I think I was feeling quite emotional, and it just ended up getting unleashed while I was there. First, they put salt water on my stitches which kinda burned. I had my bite splint removed and got to rinse away as much as possible. The super industrial strength rubber bands were replaced with looser ones, which allow for more mobility. I have to practice opening my mouth for 10 seconds while saying, “Ahhhh.” 

They were showing me how to put on the rubber bands myself when I looked into my mouth and saw that my surgical hooks are actually embedded in my gums. I think they’re actually the titanium screws. It grossed me out immensely. I couldn’t bring myself to touch them.

Went home, rented the second part of Lord of the Rings and tweeted about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment