Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 20

One day away from being three weeks post-op. I thought it would never come, and yet it has. Went to see the dermatologist today. He’s the older brother of a family friend. I hate going to the derma because I feel like their jobs are pretty much useless. They just prescribe you some medication and say, “Let’s see how this works out. Come back in __ weeks and we’ll discuss your progress.” If I had to be a doctor, I’d be a derma because you don’t do anything. You don't even touch the patient's face! You just look and then pull out your prescription pad. It’s a pretty sweet gig with an extensive salary.

Because of the swelling in my cheeks, I forbade them to touch my face. Otherwise, I would’ve gone through another very painful session of them popping all of my pimples. Gross.

There’s not that much change except that I can open my mouth a bit wider everyday, or at least I think I can. I also think I can bring out my lower jaw a little further than yesterday. For dinner mom made a curry porridge, which didn’t look that great but tasted fine. Also ate this chicken salad mush before eating another pancake for dessert. We have a can of baked beans that I would love to devour but we don’t have can opener. I’m also clueless as to where to get one. It’s truly the simple things in life you miss the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment